Visit a Game of Thrones location in Marrakech
Ait Ben Haddou has a rich history. Not only is it a UNESCO World Heritage Site but this clay city is also the Game of Thrones filming location for Yunkai.
This page includes affiliate referral links, which means that I’ll earn a commission if you make a purchase. Using these links will help support this site at no additional cost to you.
Book the tour
Tour: Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou Day Trip
Details: All day trip starts with a hotel pickup. Tour includes transportation by air-conditioned minivan, multilingual driver, and guided tour, entrance fees included. As far as I could tell, it doesn’t matter which tour company you book with because all the tour companies combine passengers to fill their buses.
There are two very important things to know about the tours:
1) Make sure you pay attention to the markings on your tour bus. They all looks the same and they will leave you, they do not pay attention to who is or isn’t on the bus. On the ride home, the woman sitting in front of me realized she’d gotten on the wrong bus for a second time. It is your responsibility to get onto the correct bus at the right time.
2) The drive may make you nauseous, it’s a long drive on winding roads. I’ll be honest, throughout my entire solo trip to Morocco, the most scary part was due to the tour bus driver weaving through traffic.
I very much enjoyed the tour through Ait Ben Haddou and learning the history of the area. Because of how long the drive is, I wouldn’t recommend taking back to back day trips.
Book it here —> Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou Day Trip <—
- Is Marrakech safe for solo female travelers?
- Where to stay in Marrakech – Riad Viva
- What to read before your trip to Morocco – Book Review
What Game of Thrones filming location do you want to see most? Tell us about it in the comments!
If you’d like to receive more travel tips, you can subscribe to the mailing list below or follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter.