Do I need travel insurance?
The short answer is YES. You put your hard earned money into your dream vacation, why would you not protect it? Getting travel insurance is quick and affordable. Going on a vacation without travel insurance is like driving a car without car insurance. You’ll probably be alright but when things go wrong, it gets expensive fast. Maybe you’re like I was and just didn’t know what travel insurance covers. Let’s fix that.
What does travel insurance cover?
- If you have to cancel your trip because you are sick, injured, or there is bad weather, those costs are covered.
- If your trip is interrupted or delayed, you’re covered.
- If you get sick or have an accident during your trip, you’re covered.
- If your bags are delayed, lost, or stolen, you’re covered.
- If you need to be medically evacuated, you’re covered.
- If you need to be non-medically evacuated such as due to natural disaster or political unrest, you’re covered.
- And so much more…the list really does go on and on.
Related: Travel Discounts and Deals
Multi-lingual professionals are available 24 hours a day to help with advice, and referrals for medical emergencies. When an emergency happens they can help with legal assistance, prescription assistance, emergency cash transfers or can even help find local physicians or medical facilities for you. To see all the specifics, make sure to read your policy before you buy it. Not all policies have the same coverage. For example, many policies don’t include coverage for pre-existing conditions or you may have to pay more to cover extreme sports. Find a policy that covers what you need.
This page includes affiliate referral links, which means that I’ll earn a commission if you make a purchase. I personally use World Nomads, they are a company that I trust, and all opinions are my own. Using these links will help support this site at no additional cost to you.
How do I get travel insurance?
It’s very simple. I use and recommend World Nomads. You just fill out the form below or go to their website at WorldNomads.com to fill out the form there. They immediately give you a quote that includes a price and full list of coverage details. You can either buy right away or it has the option to email the quote to yourself and save it for later. After your purchase, all your policy information will be emailed to you.
Simple & easy!
Have you used World Nomads before? Tell us about it in the comments!If you’d like to receive more travel tips, you can subscribe to the mailing list below or follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter.