My blog wins the Blogger Recognition Award
I’m very happy to share that Amber’s Compass has been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! Having just received the Liebster Award just last month, I’m humbled to have my blog nominated for this second award. Amber’s Compass is a travel blog that provides tips and recommendations so you can go out and travel the world with confidence. For those who like to delve into the history and culture of a location, you’ll find beautifully written book reviews to accompany your adventures. I try to write for all new travelers, so there is something for everyone; from tips for plus-sized travelers to resources for travel bloggers.
Thank you very much to Madhuonthego for this nomination! Madhuonthego’s blog is a great place to read about her travel experiences. Often traveling with her friends and family, she provides travel tips, reviews, and style recommendations.
Rules of the Blogger Recognition Award?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show the award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you want to pass this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them, and provide the link to the post you created.
How I started my blog
I started my travel blog after deciding to take a trip to Kenya. Up until that point, it had been years since I’d traveled internationally and booking that trip made me so happy. I wanted to keep that feeling going and I decided to make traveling a regular part of my life. Starting my blog was the easy part. The hard part is staying motivated and committed to making this blog successful. So I’m very grateful to be nominated as it really helps with that motivation and pat on the back from other bloggers as if to say “we noticed your hard work”.
Advice to new bloggers
Provide the answers to your reader’s questions: Your blog posts should provide an answer to a problem. For example, no one Googles “How fun was Amber’s trip to Marrakech?” so I don’t write an article from that angle. Instead write answers to your reader’s problems, such as “How to get around as a solo female traveler in Marrakech” or “What to wear in Marrakech in winter”.
Never stop learning: Set aside some time each week to educate yourself on the ins and outs of blogging, SEO, affiliate linking, the latest blogging tool you saw someone mention. Write down your wish list of things to learn about and research them. Everything you want to know is already online.
Congratulations everyone, it’s well deserved!
- Tribal Calling: Blog that celebrates the fascinating indigenous tribes from around the world.
- Travels of a Baby Vet: Blog that provides insight into traveling and working abroad as a veterinarian.
- The Autism Helper: Empowering those who support those with Autism by proving resources and tools.
- Family Travel Life: An American expat family of 5 living in Sweden that shares their experiences and tips.
- Brand New Vegan: Resource that provides recipies and tips so you can take control your life and eat right.
- The Compass Is Calling: Family travel blog with budget ideas, destination guides, and travel hacks.
- Ruud Attitude: An ambitious and stubborn gal blogging about her life, love of books, travel, and goals.
- Swept by Grace: Blogger that writes about relegious inspiration, family, food, and fashion.
- Meet The Wards: A couple living abroad, currently in Kuwait, and sharing their experiences.
- NewbieZine: Veteran website coder providing tips and tricks on how to be successful at blogging.
- Rated by Hanna: Blogger that is dedicated to writing authentic and hontest reviews.
- It’s the Journey Blog: Lifestyle blog whose main topic is about creating your online business.
- Balance is Boring: A working mom’s guide to styling & practical solutions for everyday life.
- In Our Pond: Blog that focuses on tips for parenting, homeschooling, and road trips with kids.
- Voxate: Blog and website that provides writing, editing, and SEO services.